Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Character: Me

I'm a software engineer entering my late 30s. I grew up in a home where my biological parents were foster parents, providing care to over 100 foster kids over the course of 30 years or so before they quit a few years ago. I have one biological sister and one adopted sister who was one of Mom & Dad's first foster kids and finally was adopted when she was in her late 20s (go figure).

I love spaghetti, fantasy football, riding my motorcycle, animals, and my wife, (definitely NOT in that order!) I'm excitable, something of a loner, and my family is incredibly important to me. My father is the handiest man who ever lived, and lately I've been belatedly trying to follow in his footsteps, and in the next year or two I'm going to be finishing the basement in our new house, which should provide some interesting anecdotes, especially if foster kids help out.

I recently lost my best friend, Bo, who was a 170-pound mutt from the humane society and my fellow traveler for nearly 7 1/2 years. After losing him, I decided I can't live without a dog...but due to objections from family I visit he was replaced with a much smaller and less drooly model.

I'm very much looking forward to fostering children, and I feel it's God's work, it's the right thing to do in every way, and it's going to provide rewards to us for years to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home