Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Pounding Down the Home Stretch

I'm almost done with my current job...4 more business days, then a long weekend off and on to the next career adventure. Oh, I'll probably stay in touch with The Boss from time to time and maybe even do some contract work for him (since I know a lot of that system like the back of my hand), but The New Boss will have to take priority.

So now I'm just trying to make it to that long weekend, and this afternoon I developed a really bad stomach ache. I got done with work and went home to lay down, but of course dads don't always get to lay down when they want to. There was supper, and then "Jenny" to entertain for at least a little while (she deserves at least a LITTLE attention each and every day, right?) And then I had to compose a letter to a birthmom for our adoption profile, which ran me right out of interesting things to say for tonight.

Now my stomach is a bit better, so I think I'll go lay down and watch the Vikings get hammered again on NFL Replay.

Oh, and thanks for reading. I checked my sitemeter for the first time in awhile and it looks like there's been more than 50 of you today. Wow. I had no idea there was such a market for the maunderings of a guy sitting at his computer in rural Minnesota.

2 Comments:

At 8:05 AM , Blogger msholiday said...

I was a foster Mom forever, until my elderly Mom came to live with us, and that was the end of foster children living with us, but, we still have contact with most of them.
I wanted to tell you what helped us most in dealing with parents and foster children and what do they call us. I came up with Grandma Linda and my Sweetie was Poppa Karl. It said that we were caring parent figures and not their friends. The Mother's loved it because they were still Mom, and no one was taking that away from them. I found that the Mom's liked me a whole lot better when their child wasn't calling me Mom, and my Sweetie Dad.

Linda


Loved your rules for the house.

 
At 7:11 AM , Blogger Dan said...

A point well taken. I hadn't considered the parent-anger approach...though in this case I'm not sure it applies completely. It might if it was The Wife being called "mom", as mom is still definitely in the picture for "Jenny". However, dad is definitely completely out of the picture and stepdad seemingly has no interest in filling the role. I probably should have been more clear about that...but that's why I'm not too concerned about filling this role for her, since nobody else seems to be interested and she's such a sweet kid.

Still, your words are wise and i'll heed them in the future.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home