Friday, March 21, 2008

"Celeste" Continues Her Downward Spiral

Okay, we're not fostering for the time being, but we ARE keeping tabs on some of our former tormentors.

First and foremost is "Celeste". The Wife is still working "temporarily" at the day treatment school. I put that in quotes because it seems fairly obvious to us that she'll go on full-time at the beginning of next year. But as it is, she sees "Celeste" on a day-to-day basis. She also sees "Celeste's" new foster mom, who is a teacher at the school.

She ran. Again. And I'm not really in the loop so I don't know the exact details, but my impression is that this time she broke her record for amount of time after running before the cops found her. Heh.

I also got a crypic comment on my MySpace page (gotta delete that thing one of these days) from her. It didn't say anything. Just a comment from her. I suspect she did that very purposefully to make me think of her. I'm guessing she doesn't think I think about her...but I do. All the time. If I thought it would help her, I'd invite her back here. But that's CLEARLY not what she needs.

Anyway, the other foster kid we've heard from lately is "Josie". She is apparently at the foster home that she went to after us (in a different town). As I understand it, she asked to come to our place and was rejected. By The Wife or by the court, or by the court at The Wife's request, I'm not entirely sure. But believe this: I still love that girl, and it means a lot to me that she asked to come live with us again.

Aside from all that....I'm tanning up for the spring. I've had three tanning sessions and I'm starting to see it on my stomach. Hard to believe that it'll be 80 within a month-to-6-weeks when we just got a snowstorm last night and today, but I'd bet money on it. I've lived here 40 years. I've seen snow on May 5 and 80 degrees on May 10. Bank it.

I'm also salivating over my new canoe. I've never been one to go out and start fishing at midnight on the opener, but I might just do that this year. I LOVE THAT LITTLE BOAT.

And that's all I've got time for. Time to go play Civilization 2.

I love my life.

1 Comments:

At 8:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am surprised you did not buy a boat...LOL I can see it now, out on the lake and ooppss...over the side....hehehe

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home