Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A Bunch of Words About Nothing Important

One of the things we've been waiting for all winter is to install the invisible fencing around a large area of our yard. You see, we bought the thing late last fall (as I think I posted) but the ground froze before we could get it in.

I'm just dying to see puppy eyeballs go bouncing across the yard when they get jolted a good one for going where they don't belong.

Okay, so I'm not. In fact, I'm a little worried about the shock, at least on Tasha, who's old enough to maybe need a pacemaker. She's like 80 in dog years. I'm also worried that it won't phase Mitch in the least, except maybe to exacerbate his peeing problem.

But the larger problem here is one of age. Every year since I can remember, I become sort of a slug starting around October, and stay that way to one degree or another until around April. That's the time of year I usually get my energy back, drag my butt outside and try to get into some sort of useful rhythm that allows me to get some stuff done.

It gets harder every year. By the time I'm 50, I'm REALLY gonna have a fight on my hands...but this year my tactic is to think how great it's going to feel not to have to untangle dog leads. Open the door, they run out, close the door. Now if we could just get some automatic foot-wipers.

Can you tell I'm a little bored tonight? I can't believe I just blathered through a whole post about...well, pretty much about absolutely nothing. Major blahs here. Long day of work, not much going on tonight, and I'm feeling kind of shiftless. I should pick up the guitar again, which I haven't done in a couple of weeks, but my muse is fled.

I think I'll go try to find it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home