Friday, April 14, 2006

Gone Fishin'

Tonight just before I was done with work I got a call from "Josie" asking if we could go fishing together when I got home. Sounds good to me.

We went, all three of us, and it was really fun. We picked up licenses about a block from the marina where we were going to fish. We stopped at the Dairy Queen across from the marina, and then joined "Josie's" grandma, who I was meeting face-to-face for the first time.

She's a no-nonsense lady, and there must have been something else badly awry in that family, because it didn't seem to be her.

I caught one small sunfish. "Josie" caught two biggish bass. I doubt I've heard the last of that.

The other interesting thing is that we got into a conversation with the older couple on the next dock. After about an hour of conversation during which I found that they lived very near a house in the cities where I used to live, we discovered that they are our next-door neighbors. They own the house next door to ours, and they lived there for 18 years before moving to the cities.

Two sets of lives, gone in opposite directions. Interesting.

G'night. I'm all in. Happy Good Friday. Sorry about not posting yesterday. More tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 5:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like ya'll had a good heart to heart. I thought she'd (Josie) still be holding some grudge after all that had been going on. Don't worry about posting everyday. We all know this is just a hobby and like many other foster parents this is just a hobby. Have a Great Easter!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home