Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Meanderings

I'm having a VERY rough week at work. It's not that I'm not getting anything done...on the contrary, a WHOLE LOT is getting done the last couple of months, and I'm pretty pleased with the results.

A largish percentage of this year's domestic wine in the U.S. will be grown this year under the partial or full auspices of software that I wrote personally. Also a fair proportion of the country's green beans, peas, potatoes and assorted other goodies. Today I completed my last major update to our database, fixed two more serious bugs in the software and handheld some users to successful conclusions of their issues. I rawk.

But rawking comes at a price, and I'm starting to wear out. Time to beg The Boss for just a minor regrouping period...and time to beg you for forgiveness for such a lame post tonight, but mai brane hertz end i nede a brake.

Before I sign off, here's a pretty practical suggestion for foster parents. It's been in our arsenal from the get-go thanks to wisdom passed on to me from Mom in preparation for fostering, but we haven't used it yet. My philosophy on raising a stink is that if you're going to do it, do it over something that's important enough that you're willing to sit in the stink when you're done. Some things are worth the possible blowback, but I don't think we've hit one of those yet.

In response to that last sentence, I envision Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back when Luke is running off to help his friends before finishing his training: "You will. You will."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home