Monday, April 03, 2006

A Slice o' Life

Tonight after work, I picked up dog crap out of the yard. Then I went in and ate two giant plates of spaghetti with jalapenos. That was an unfortunate juxtaposition, but I can handle it.

The Wife had The Brat out shopping and I enjoyed the first half of the evening home alone with my dog crap and tomato sauce. "Josie" went to bed shortly after getting home, I got our email working again (damn ISP switched us over to a new system that doesn't work as well as the old system) and now I must wash spaghetti pots before going to bed.

It could be worse. I could have to wash dog crap pots. A good attitude is all about how you choose to look at things.

2 Comments:

At 5:30 PM , Blogger FosterAbba said...

Well, they say attitude is everything, but sometimes there's nothing more satisfying than a good screed.

My partner and I have just undertaken our own foster parent journey, and we've been reading your blog with great interest. We aren't licensed yet, but have been told by the county that, barring holdups, we should have our license by late May or early June.

Anyway, we wanted to let you know that we are really enjoying your writing, and that we've linked to your blog from ours.

 
At 6:24 PM , Blogger Dan said...

Thank you for the kind words, and for keeping the foster faith. There are too few of us. It's like people don't want to take nasty little brats and try to make actual people out of them or something. Go figure.

Anyway, thanks again. You're the second-biggest reason I'm doing this, right after my own vanity and self-involvement.

;D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home