Thursday, May 04, 2006

Cooling Down

Well, we're trying to find out what we need to do so that when we show up at the detention center to visit "Josie" this weekend, they don't turn us away because we're not on some magic list or something. We are going to stick with this girl...somebody has to. The system has failed her utterly.

I'm getting my anger under some semblance of control...it's sort of morphing into a deeper, calmer sort of thing. Sorrow? Regret? I'm not sure. I just know that the world isn't as much fun as it was for awhile there.

Maybe that's natural when you've experienced your first defeat in this game, but even if it is it doesn't make it any easier to take. I'm very, very glad I have a beautiful woman to comfort me and who knows how I feel because she's feeling the same way.

"Angel" helps a lot too. She knew something was bothering us tonight, and she was especially huggy and kissy. She wanted to help, and she really did.

And now the dryer is on the fritz, and I've got to help my beautiful woman see if either of us or both of us together can muster enough fix-it skillz to end the drying strike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home