Sunday, May 07, 2006

Weekend of Heaven

This weekend was just what the doctor ordered. We spent a large part of it working on our deck, but the pace was leisurely and there was a lot of chit-chat, a lot of Mom & Dad getting to know "Angel" better, and a lot of just plain fun.

My personal favorite was when "Angel" decided she should be helping me and dad dig screws out of the old deck boards. She saw us kneeling down with our butts in the air, using screws to dig the wood away from where an old screw had been sunk too deep so that we could get the drill in to remove them. Being the little trooper she is, she grabbed a screw and immediately pitched in to dig out the screws from the new deck boards we had just installed. Her heart is in the right place, but her aim is off a bit.

We got her pointed at a screw that actually needed to be dug out and she set to work. Dad was on one side of her and I was on the other, so it happened that there was a fine display of three butts in the air, a smaller one surrounded by two (much) bigger ones. Of course, Mom was sitting behind us and started giggling. And then she noticed that her camera was sitting on the table next to her.

It wasn't a digital camera, so I'll post the picture after she gets it developed. Nothing cures bashfulness like posting a picture of your butt on the internet, or so I've heard.

After a weekend full of moments like that, I feel tired but refreshed, and ready to face whatever our court engagement brings tomorrow. As I said in comments, I'll probably tweak the letter but not change it substantially. When you get right down to it, in a situation like this you've got to speak from the heart...and that's what the letter is. I was nothing but brutally honest. It's not very diplomatic, but I'm not an ambassador.

By the way, I seem to have acquired a number of regular readers, more than I really ever expected I'd have. I'm not sure what you all see here that you like, but I want to let you know that I'm really glad you stop by and follow our little story once in awhile. It makes it more fun for me to share it with you. Thanks.

1 Comments:

At 11:39 PM , Blogger FosterAbba said...

I like your blog because I can relate to because I see a lot of similarities in our situations... (You are a computer geek, have a similar sense of humor and writing style, and of course you are on a foster parent journey)

I'm very glad to have "met" you in our little online universe, and I stop by every day. When there isn't a new post, I wonder what's happening in your life, and hope all is well...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home