Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Eye Arre Smarte

I couldn't help it. I was surfing the web during lunch and decided to see how smart I am. 5 or 10 minutes later I find out:

Your IQ score is:131

You scored 131 on Tickle's IQ test. This means that based on your answers, your IQ score is between 121 and 131. Most people's IQs are between 70 and 130.
In fact, 95% of all people have IQs within that range. 68% of people score between 80 and 120. The following chart to your right, shows these percentages and where your IQ score is on that scale. There's more to intelligence than a single number, a single score or a single label. Tickle uses four distinguishable Intelligence Scales in the Ultimate IQ Test. By analyzing your individual scores on those four scales, we are able to look beyond the raw IQ score into how you process information and thereby determine your Intellectual Type.

Oh goody. What type am I?

Like a meticulous collector, you've fed your brain a unique set of facts and figures over the years. Words, numbers, you've got it all. That's what makes you a Facts Curator. Whether or not you intend to absorb every piece of information that comes your way, your mind has certain steel-trap qualities to it. You are a knowledge sponge. You have almost enough words in your head to fill a dictionary, and you're equally adept when it comes to manipulating numbers.

It's all those words in my head that drove me first to usenet, then to blogging to relieve the mental constipation. It's as much a curse as a blessing, trust me. I can't imagine how horrible it must be for Stephen King.

You can also detect important patterns in number sequences, and probably remember the mnemonic devices you were taught in grade school.
You may feel comfortable in classroom settings where absorbing details is critical. You're also able to learn from example and piece together all the little facts in life to get to the big picture. That's why you never stop accumulating information as you walk through life. Your strengths lie in both the verbal and math realms — placing you in the same arena as someone like Bill Gates. Gates has the ability to not only store and retrieve an especially large amount of specialized data, but to translate and present that information to the population at large. His entire empire is based on this unique talent. And to think — your brain works in this same way! When it comes right down to it, you and other Facts Curators can ride a wave of information to live a truly enriched life.


I don't want to be Bill Gates. Bill Gates is the antichrist. I have documents and software systems that prove it.

But what could I have done with my life?

Great Jobs For You
Because of the way you process information, these are just some of the many careers in which you could excel:
Tech writer
Astronomer
Computer engineer
Algebra teacher
Copy editor
Doctor


I guess I'd be considered a computer engineer of sorts. My dad was sort of an algebra teacher, so I guess I come by it honestly, anyway.

But the part that convinces me that this test is a complete hoax:

You scored in the 100th percentile on the logical intelligence scale.This means that you scored higher than 90% - 100% of people who took the test and that 0% - 10% scored higher than you did. The scale above illustrates this visually. Tickle's logical intelligence questions assess your ability to think things through. The questions determine the extent to which you use reasoning and logic to determine the best solution to a problem. Your logic score was relatively high, which could mean that when the car breaks down, your friends look to you to help figure out not only what's wrong, but how to fix it and how you're going to get to the next gas station.

Stop laughing, Mom & Dad. They said it, I didn't.


2 Comments:

At 12:32 PM , Blogger No Longer In Crisis said...

Dang! All that revelation during your lunch hour...and here I sat watching the chipmunks frollic in the quad. Perhaps living in KY for 2 years has already taken its toll.

 
At 4:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Dan - Mom and Dad wouldn't be mean enough to laugh at it (at least I don't think so) but big sis will fill that void! lol :)

Love,

Big Sis

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home