Friday, October 06, 2006

Shingling

I just got back from three days of shingling with dear ol' Dad at the lake cabin. For once, all went mostly according to plan, with no trips to the emergency room, very little bleeding and actually quite a bit getting done.

I'm bone tired, being the sort of person who types for a living and, as evidenced by the post you're reading, also for fun.

I have only one observation about the job that seems worth sharing right now. A few cabins down they were doing something with the septic system that involved heavy machinery and necessitated a backhoe and a dump truck. When I'm at the lake, I go for regular walks up the road, and I watched their progress with a little interest. Machinery is cool.

On one of my walks, I noticed a sticker on the dump truck. It read: "There's nothing like a good dump!!!" It bothers me that I don't know whether to be offended or amused, and am probably both.

Discuss amongst yourselves. I don't feel like typing any more right now.

2 Comments:

At 9:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for that! You just solved my dilemma of what to get the bother-in-law for christmas! Bumper sticker it is! (he has a tiny little dump truck he is sooo proud of, and a very warped mind...it's perfect) :-D

 
At 4:31 PM , Blogger msholiday said...

I am still laughing.....the funny part is some serious guy sitting in the truck, in his right mind? Thinks this is a great statement!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home