Saturday, January 10, 2009

For Your Reading Pleasure

If you have extra blog-reading time to waste, going forward I have decided to set up another blog at http://undiscoveredcolumnist.blogspot.com.

I am committing myself to two articles per week on that blog to start, and may increase that if inspiration seems to strike often enough to support it. My idea is to try to build up a body of more polished work that I can shop around to newspapers and what have you in an effort to land at least a part-time professional writing gig. I don't really care much about the money...long-time readers here will know that this is just something I've wanted to do for a long time. The novel isn't bursting out of my chest like an alien, but random jottings certainly seem to with some regularity. Time to see if I can craft those into something someone will pay me to write.

Constructive criticism on writing style, content, etc. will always be welcome over there. I'll be in thick skin mode when writing that one, and I'm especially interested in any criticism by anybody who happens to be any kind of writer, editor or publisher. And I'm REALLY interested in any contact from somebody who wants to send me bucketfuls of cash (used, nonsequential, unmarked bills are preferable) to write that type of thing for their publication.

1 Comments:

At 5:52 PM , Blogger Mary said...

Awesome! Maybe instead of a novel, you should just do a collection of essays, thoughts, experiences, etc.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home