Friday, July 23, 2010

Changes

As regular readers know, I was studying to be a special educator last fall.  I continued that until this last spring, when I had to withdraw from school to be...a trucker.  Yes, I got my commercial (class A) license, and went over the road.  This was necessitated by a combination of the facts that I had lost my contract in software, there are not many other opportunities in that vein in rural MN, I didn't want them anymore even if they were there because I'M SICK TO DEATH OF WRITING SOFTWARE, and I needed a job that had health insurance.  Trucking seemed like a good idea at the time, at least until I could figure something else out.

I started in early April and went until late June, at which time I had Two Very Bad Days.  Accidents on two back-to-back days, mostly due to a faulty trailer.  Of course, that's my fault too, because I should have caught the problem(s) and refused to pull the trailer.  Needless to say, I lost the job, and am now back into the routine of life at home, looking for something different.

I've applied for things as disparate as "research associate", shipping/receiving, and terminal operator for a fertilizer company, but just today I mailed a resume for secretary/special education for the day treatment school down the road.  That's the only job I've applied for that I have a real interest in, and I'm REALLY hoping I get an interview.  I'm now scheduled to finish school at the end of fall semester 2011 (I restart where I left off in November) and I would LOVE to have an "in" in the local district.  It has health insurance, even if it doesn't pay that much.  I'll take it if I can get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home