Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Greatest Joy

It is with a spinning mind and an immense joy in my heart that I hereby announce to anybody who cares that I just got The Call from The Wife. The judge has approved our adoption, and in a couple of weeks we will officially be Amanda's mommy and daddy.

I'm in shock. I've become so conditioned to the idea that nice guys finish last, and the court usually makes the decision I would rather they didn't, and the law was more often used to cause mischief than to deliver justice. That we should be granted this gift finally, after all the shock, grief, wrangling, rage, muttering, cursing, pleading, and who knows what all else over these last months...well, it's a kind of gratification I don't recall ever feeling. I MAYBE felt something akin to this when I studied and worked my last quarter in college to earn 26 credits, and, for the first time in my entire scholastic life, received straight A's on all 26 credits' worth. And then, if I hadn't been so tired of school I just didn't want to deal with it, I could have participated in commencement exercises for two different schools within a few days of each other. Instead, I just fled to the lake cabin and spent a week or so sitting on the dock, tanning, fishing and recuperating.

I don't need recuperation this time, though, except maybe emotionally. And I have a wonderful wife and beautiful little girl to help with that, thank God.

I...I don't have any more to say right now. I have to work the rest of the day anyway...I may have more to say on the subject tonight. Or maybe I'll just sit and hug my little girl awhile and think about how good God can be when He has a mind to.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 2:05 PM , Blogger Yondalla said...

Congratulations!

 
At 2:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And if all goes well, Amanda will have a cousin to play with..Funny, how your journy is almost over and ours is just beginning. I have to admit though that i plan to stay out of the tribes way...LOL

 
At 3:41 PM , Blogger Mary said...

I'm so happy for you all! Congratulations, Daddy!

 
At 5:08 PM , Blogger Tricia said...

I am so happy for you ! I can not wait to have this feeling you are having at this moment!

 
At 7:01 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

Yay!!! Big congratulations :-)

 
At 2:11 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Congrats!! I am so happy for you all!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home