Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Try, Try Again

Last week, we failed our electrical inspection, in part because I'm no electrician. The inspector only comes this way on Wednesdays, so tomorrow is try #2 for the "rough-in" inspection. I expect we've met his expectations, but you never know.

Needless to say, with the electrical stuff, sheetrocking in the garage to satisfy the fire inspector, working a ton of hours (including last Friday, which I wasn't supposed to work) and generally spinning in circles, I haven't had a moment to think, much less write.

So now I've just finished writing a program for work and I'm sitting here listening to "Bridge Over Troubled Water" by Simon & Garfunkel.

Seems appropriate, somehow.

I think I'll grab the traditional bedtime bowl of cereal, watch an episode of "Friends", and pass out.

Wish us luck tomorrow. The inspector was not what you would really call cordial last week. He really, really, REALLY wanted us to hire an electrician. Sorry, Charlie. The budget's maxed out. This isn't rocket science. Deal with it. It's us or nobody.

If you've been keeping up with our saga, you're probably understanding by now why it is that they're crying out for foster homes. It's because it's physically impossible to become one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home