Monday, June 12, 2006

Burnin' a CD

Tonight, I shall sit on the deck and override the frog-owl-and-cricket orchestra behind my house with mood music. In honor of my current mood, I am about to burn the following list on a CD:

Two Steps Behind (Def Leppard)
Cruel Summer (Ace of Base)
How Can I Fall (Breathe)
Drive (The Cars)
You're Not Alone (Chicago)
Wicked Game (Chris Isaak)
Father Figure (George Michael)
Time After Time (Cyndi Lauper)
In My Dreams (Dokken)
The Heart of the Matter (Don Henley)
Second Chance (.38 Special)
Seasons Change (Expose)
Don't Know What You Got (Cinderella)
I Want to Know What Love Is (Foreigner)
Against All Odds (Phil Collins)
Careless Whisper (Wham!)
Miles Away (Winger)

Now, I ask you two questions:

1) What mood am I in?
2) About when did my taste in music freeze in place for all eternity?

Starting tomorrow night, I have three nights off from being a foster dad. I'll warm up by being a sentimental, forlorn sap because I'm tired and don't know how else to be tonight. Tomorrow I'll probably dance around the house in my underwear and sing myself hoarse.

Life is funny, innit?

Now...to burn a CD and begin The Great Veg-Out.

3 Comments:

At 8:52 AM , Blogger No Longer In Crisis said...

...but doesn't dancing around the house in your drawers warrant
"Old Time Rock n' Roll"?? Or does the thought of imitating Tom Cruise now feel, uh...icky?

 
At 9:29 AM , Blogger Julie said...

Sounds like a GREAT mix! Takes me to back to the parking lot before school in high school... gotta go listen to my ipod now...

 
At 1:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't run around your house or anywhere in your underwear. The dogs would really start to howl!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home