Sunday, October 15, 2006

I See Dead People!

Hoo, boy. Here's an interesting one. Apparently people from beyond the grave are visiting "Jenny". This strikes me as a not-unusual phenomenon (her claiming to see them, not dead people talking to children)...but I'm gonna throw the situation out there in case anyone has any pertinent comments or observations.

I was standing out on the deck admiring the stars tonight during a break in the football game. "Jenny" came out and started talking frenetically about anything she could think of, which is her normal state this late in the day after her ADHD meds have worn off. Suddenly she said matter-of-factly: "I see dead people sometimes."

Me: "Oh, really? How much?

Her: "A lot. One of them was sleeping in your spot."

Me: "Wow. What did he look like?"

Her: "He was a giant big fat guy, like 5,000 pounds. He looked like that guy in 'Austin Powers'."

Me: "That's pretty big. Do you see a lot of these people?"

Her: "All the time."

Me: "Do they talk to you?"

Her: "Yes."

Me: "What do they say?"

Her: "They threaten me."

Me: "That sounds kind of scary. Do you see them when other people are around?"

Her: "Sometimes, but not much. They're afraid I'll say something about them, and they don't like that."

Me: "You should let me know somehow the next time you see one when I'm around, but just don't let them know you're telling me."

Anybody have any idea if I should be worried about this? I'm not really right now, but I do think a thing like this bears watching.

4 Comments:

At 8:30 PM , Blogger FosterAbba said...

Could be ghosts. Could be serious mental illness. I'd certainly mention this to the caseworker, if nothing else.

I've seen a ghost or two in my day, but I'd get it checked out, just to be certain, especially because real ghosts don't tend to be threatening. They can be scary, but usually don't make threats.

 
At 5:28 AM , Blogger msholiday said...

There is definitely a problem brewing there, and I would certainly mention it to my caseworker, today.
Hope you are keeping a journal on each of your kids. It is very handy, especially when you get more than two kids. Much easier to keep track of what is actually going on the house. Here in Canada we actually submitted our journals once a year to the Caseworker, which went into the Child's file and would be available to them at the age 18.
Also, never be alone with your kid, always have another child or your wife in the area at all times. Seems like an inconvenience for sure, but you need to remember that oft times, the Foster child's perception of things will be very different to yours. Foster children are very vigilant as to what is happening in the house.
You and your wife are wonderful Foster Parents, there should be more people opening their home to these children. YOU ARE SAINTS!

 
At 1:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would definatly keep an eye out and tell her case worker just in case..fosterabba was right in saying that most ghosts do not threaten..they want to get your attention and i know for a fact that your house is spook-free. Maybe she just wanted some attention from you..often times kids make up stuff just to see your reaction...

 
At 8:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to talk to you if I can. I have a friend that has a son who is 5. I knew something was up with him the first time I saw his eyes when he was born. I'm pretty sure he has a mild case of autism and his mom worked all day and his dad was building them a house. So he didn't have much outside stimuli while he was growing up. We all know about imaginary friends. However. They took him to a doc. and of course overdiagnosed and given meds. Well now he has stopped seeing the ghost with a black mask and black hat. Now. His dad was out smoking a cigarette and he saw the man himself at the neighbors door. He disappeared in 2 seconds right in front of him. I think that his neighbors wife killed him. He died from asphyxiation. I could be reading too much into it. It possible I'm right though. He was on oxygen but he died from lack of it. His tanks where not empty either. And she had a huge party that weekend. This is a 70+ year old woman. The black mask and hat makes me nervous truthfully. However it could mean something too. I wanted to see if the behaviors are similar between the two kids. The man wont come in and he talks to the kid through the window from outside. Kinda creepy. But my friend just pretty much dismissed what he was saying. Not the best thing to do, but, he's not my son. Now he is paying a lot of attention. I grew up with 2 ghosts in my house. So I have a very open mind about this kind of thing. If you can email me that would be great. diablotalon@msn.com Thanks a bunch I hope we might be able to help each other.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home