Friday, December 21, 2007

Captain of My Own Ship?

Sadly, no.

I want to adopt. I've waited for this privilege for over a year, and it seems no closer.

I wanted to foster kids (probably teens). I'm now fostering one mom and her kid plus one teen, with one mom with her whole entirely different kid waiting in the wings. Actually, not really waiting in the wings so much as already moved in and waiting for the paperwork to go through or for us to kick her out. Yes, it looks like we may very well be fostering "Melanie" and her child.

I was in charge of a project at work, but now it looks like I'm taking over another guy's project so he can focus on yet another project.

I want to have a relaxing Christmas. Mom and Dad are coming, however, so I'll probably be working on the basement.

I want to go ice fishing. I have no ice fishing house.

I want to go snowmobiling. I have no snowmobile.

Sigh. Guess I'm just along for the ride. Luckily, it's a pretty entertaining ride. Yes, I still love my life. I just wish it would let me live it a little more sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home