Monday, November 12, 2007

Lovers' Vignette

I step out of work, anxious to get home to my loving wife and my parents, who are dropping through town and will be staying for dinner. I always enjoy the show when Mom and "Celeste" lock horns. Dad is helping out with a couple of little projects in the house, and I thought he might need me to pick something up from Menard's or something. I reach for the trusty cell.

beep boop bop bep boop beep beep

[ring....ring....ring....click]

The Wife: Hi, handsome.

Me: Hi, lady. Does dad need me to pick anything up from the store?

The Wife: I [BRRRRAAAAAAPPPPPP!!!!!!!]...oh. EXCUSE me.

She may have said more while I was laughing, I'm not really sure.

I love my life.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did the Job interview go? Probably have not heard back yet, but you could let us know if she has a feeling one way or the other.

Don't leave a brother hanging...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home