Sunday, August 27, 2006

A Conversation and a Letter

"Josie" is now in the process of being smacked down by some people who know how to smack down teenagers who think "they're all that". I talked to her yesterday for the first time since she left for residential, and her attitude was decidedly moderated from what it had been.

The Wife had spoken to her once or twice, but her phone time is severely limited and while I'm a great guy and all, The Wife is the one "Josie" will prefer to talk to over me every time, given the choice. I don't blame her. I'd much rather talk to The Wife than myself too. But I miss this little shit, and it was really good to hear her stupid little voice.

It was funny, because earlier in the day I had just mentioned to The Wife how I was missing her and how I should really write her a note to let her know I was thinking of her, and suddenly I get a chance to talk to her.

So I sat down and wrote her the note. I let her know how I hoped she was trying to learn something, and how I missed her and loved her, and how when she gets out she'll have work to do. I told her I thought the best thing for her would be to go to a different town where she hasn't been pigeonholed by society as a troublemaker. I didn't mention that a side benefit would be that she wouldn't be pigeonholed by the boys as an easy lay...I probably don't need to be quite THAT frank with her.

Anyway...there are no other children as of yet, but we are fully recovered from our earlier adventures and are ready to begin again. We did have one referral for a pair of brothers...but that hit a snag because they are Native American. Apparently we're too white to take care of them. Sigh. Some of the people who scream "racist" at the slightest provocation really need to look in the mirror.

Beyond that, I'm still working on my new adventure. It's taking longer than anticipated to work out the details, but if I've got anything, it's time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home