Sunday, March 05, 2006

A True Circus

A regular married couple, with their two regular dogs and two regular cats. Okay, maybe two dogs and two cats isn't "regular" for most couples, but it's not really outside the bounds of normalcy, either.

But then add one foster dog, one long-term teenage foster daughter, one respite-care toddler and her infant brother, and you've got something special. Then add water, as God chose to do this morning with what I believe is the first rain of the year, and you've got a True Circus.

Especially when it's on a Sunday and you've got to bundle everybody up (well, all the humans, anyway) and get them all to church. It was fun...lots of oohing and ahing and cooing over our regular-looking "family". I'm a regular Ward Cleaver.

Little did we know that while we were at church, Satan was at our house using our dogs for evil. Think the social workers will believe that our dog ate our foster license and some of the paperwork for our foster kids? Because I swear before the almighty that that's what happened.

The only other event of note was that "Josie" approached me yesterday apparently having decided to use the direct approach. "I don't even like [Snotnose] 'that way' anymore," she claimed, to which I said something to the effect of "I don't even believe you". A discussion about our perceived (and somewhat actual) lack of trust in her ensued. It was hard, because we do actually trust her with a lot of things, but not with anything regarding him. I was even straightforward enough to let her know that it would help a lot if she didn't look and sound like a groupie at a rock concert whenever she was talking to him on the phone.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go to the Menard's website and find out how much the makings for a good, sturdy outdoor kennel would cost me. Because another incident like this morning (and Friday morning, and those that went down earlier in the week) and Mitch will be either deceased or homeless. We suspect a kennel would do the trick quite nicely, but it has to happen soon or Satan will begin to work through us.

3 Comments:

At 1:34 PM , Blogger Yondalla said...

That is really funny...

I don't suppose you've considered doggy exorcism?

 
At 4:23 PM , Blogger Dan said...

Hmm. You may have an idea there...I wonder if the Humane Society would cover the charges, since it's the foster mutt that Satan has so clearly chosen for indwelling?

 
At 3:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, this is hilarious and I can think of several times in our recent foster parenting adventure that make me feel the same way. I agree with beth, an exorcism might be needed. And yes HS will pay for it if you send them the bill. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home