Friday, May 19, 2006

Overrun by Life

Whew. Rough week at work again, plus busy with two foster kids. I suppose it's something of a blessing that in spite of the busy schedule, there's nothing of real moment to report.

I do want to do a post sometime about the different way I've noticed poeple approaching me as a foster parent, though...just a short word on it now.

People seem to think that now that we're licensed for foster care that we're some sort of superparents. Heh. Us. Neither of whom have ever been a parent before. But my coworker who is an expectant father and a couple others have asked questions about "what it's like to be a dad" or "what do you do when they [insert upsetting behavior here]".

Our usual answer: wing it.

I'll probably get into that more later, but for now, after having spent the first part of the evening cuddling my little girl and the second part of the evening making s'mores with my big girl and her friend, I can happily report that being a dad is everything you ever wanted, plus chocolate sprinkles and a cherry on top.

G'night.

2 Comments:

At 12:19 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

I found you through blogshares and wow, it is great to see a blog about foster care by a dad! My husband struggled during certain classes we took because he was the only man in the room - it was just an uncomfortable situation!

We adopted from foster care a few years ago. It was a great decision. I'm adding you to my blogroll if you don't mind!

 
At 10:33 PM , Blogger Dan said...

Thanks for the link. I don't know how any blogger could mind another path to their home.

We'll probably adopt sooner or later...that's part of why I'm writing this. To document our journey. It's been great so far, and we're expecting many more years of the same.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home