Friday, November 09, 2007

If I Were a New Mom...

I'd probably write like this. Or at least try.

Seriously, folks, I stopped reading blogs--or at least foster/adopt/parenting blogs--very much awhile back. The depression kept creeping in over the fact that there are thousands of new babies up for adoption every week in the United States and in OVER A YEAR OF WAITING not one person out there in the entire country thinks we are an appropriate choice to love and raise a single one of them. I know that they know about us, too. You know how I know? Because we paid THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS in advertising costs. The best part is that if we don't have a hit before the middle of next September (I think), we have the choice of either giving it up or paying a pro-rated fee monthly until we either decide to give up or get a hit. Or I guess we could go to a different agency and give THEM 10 or 20 grand to give it a shot with no guarantees. Sigh.

Anyway, I just started reading my own genre again recently. There are some EXCELLENT new contenders out there. Which is good on an evening when you don't have much to say yourself.

2 Comments:

At 8:26 PM , Blogger Mary said...

I feel for you both. I know how long and hard that wait is. Know that you are not alone; we and others are all praying, pulling together, spreading the good mojo you need to help your family be complete.

Honestly, if there's anything I can help with, please don't hesitate to call me.

 
At 9:03 PM , Blogger Dan said...

Do you happen to have an extra infant around you're looking to unload? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home