Saturday, October 21, 2006

Feelin' Groovy (All Apologies to Mssrs. Simon & Garfunkel)

I'm batching it last night and today. It's a break from the kids. Nothing special going on. The song just says it all for me today:

Slow down, you move too fast.
You got to make the morning last.
Just kicking down the cobble stones.
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.

Ba da, Ba da, Ba da, Ba da...Feelin' Groovy.

Hello lamp-post,
What cha knowin'?
I've come to watch your flowers growin'.
Ain't cha got no rhymes for me?
Doot-in' doo-doo,
Feelin' groovy.

I've got no deeds to do,
No promises to keep.
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep.
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me.
Life, I love you,
All is groovy.
Ah. Now to do a little housework out of the way so The Wife doesn't stake me out over an ant hill when she gets home, and then maybe a little vegetation in front of the TV.

My tastes in how to spend my free time have certainly changed since I was in my 20s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home